You know what goes great with a Movie? Some good old treats! Oh yes why not upgrade your Movie Night and make it extra special..
We at DVDLocker are passionate about Movies, our company made by Movie Lovers for Movie Lovers. We’ve had a discussion of our staff members favourite treats and snacks whilst watching a Movie, of course our results were very different but we’d love to share our Top 10 Treats that seemed to have come out on top !
- Number 1 — Popcorn – A true classic for any movie out there! No wonder why the cinemas use this past time.. And before you ask we prefer salted Y-U-M-M-Y!!
- Number 2 — Haribos – The modern day favourite that’s great for adults too! A lot of our staff seemed to agree that these sweets are to good NOT to miss! Our favourite: the eggs mmmmmm!
- Number 3 — Cucumber & Humus – This one came in a not to shabby third place! OK so a lot of staff are vegan and vegetarians, but if your looking for a refreshing, healthy and guilt free snack then this is the one for you.
- Number 4 — Chocolate Buttons – Now we are talking, I personally love these (no guessing which I opted for) specially the large buttons perfect for those melt in your mouth kind of moments, pure chocolate heaven!
- Number 5 — Pringles – This causes a slight divide with us in DVDLocker HQ as we thought the “crunch” noise would distract you from the movie! However it’s still ended up in spot number 5 on our list, after all once you pop… Our favourite flavour I hear you ask – Sour cream & Chive.
- Number 6 — Olives – Again we are back on the healthy route, olives are a great all rounder that’s not only good for you but soo nice too, so why not switch up your treats for something different..
- Number 7 — Cheese & Crackers – If you wanted to have a slightly more up market treat whilst your settling down to a great movie, then you can’t go wrong good ol’ cheese and crackers! Even if you don’t like cheese crackers on their own with some butter are devine..
- Number 8 — Pretzels – Popular by most, Pretzels are a great appetiser that’s perfect for to enhance your viewing experience. The saltiness of the pretzels will make you want more and more just don’t forget to have a drink handy!
- Number 9 — Nachos & Cheese – If your looking to upgrade your treats then Nachos and Cheese is a serious contender! A perfect yet naughty treat that will keep you coming back for more and more.. just remember to keep your eyes on the screen or at least pause so you don’t miss out any of the movie 😉
- Number 10 — Nuts – Finally that grabbed the number 10 spot was nuts! Whether you like peanuts, walnuts, cashews, hazelnuts or pecans they are a great and simple snack that is healthier and of course satisfying.
So there you have it our very own Top 10 Treats to accompany your Movie Night! – Hopefully we’ve given you some ideas and inspiration for your next Movie Night.
Why not give some of our Treats a go next time and see what you think, it’s always good to switch it up. Change is good.
Need some movies to go with your treats? Then why not head over to our Movie Subscription?
You can either click the DVDLocker logo in the top corner of your screen. Or visit us directly by Clicking here
That brings us to the end of this blog.
Thanks for reading and happy eating 🍽
OK, so yes we’ve been in a pandemic which I’m sure will be going down in the History Books. Times have been well a little uncertain to say the least, with 1000s or deaths (R.I.P x), businesses going under, staff members being furloughed and of course the whole world being banned from leaving the house apart from for essential purposes only..
So yes 2020 hasn’t been the best to us, even us at DVDLocker had to restructure a few things to make sure we safeguarded our future.
With a lot of time on our hands, and the ability for all our staff members to work from home remotely we have been working on some new, improved offerings that we cannot wait to bring to your DVDLocker membership!
So this post is about all the NEW things you can expect to see in the upcoming weeks ahead…
- Our very own DVDLocker Shop – this is our brand new offering, we will be allowing our members access to some great movies from Steel Boxsets, Special Edition movies and more..
- Upgrade Your Deliveries – We know the post has been somewhat slow over the last few months, so coming soon you can have the standard delivery which will be at NO COST to you, or you can choose to upgrade to a Tracked Service, Next Day Service and more! These will carry an additional cost but you can opt in and out anytime you like.
- Fresh Movies – We have been adding more and more titles to our monthly movie subscription service to give you better choices than ever!
- Perks – Oh yes! Perks are coming back and with a vengeance! Get ready for some great prizes, competitions and freebies and yes this is completely FREE as part of your DVDLocker subscription.
- DVDLocker insider returns – This one seems quite obvious as your reading as we speak, however we’ve returned and will be writing more content than ever and of coirsr some sneaky DVDLocker insider peaks too!
- Out with the old in with the new – We have tweaked and changed our packaging and materials for a fresh new look! You will start seeing the new look packages from July onwards.. We have changed our packaging to a more ECO friendly product that is 100% recyclable – yes that’s right, 100%!! And we have also changed our flyers to cards too.
- Price Rise FREEZE – As with most businesses as times go on prices do tend to increase we haven’t had a price increase since 2016 as we do try to keep our prices fair. However as of August 2020 we will be bringing in our price increase – the good news?! For every existing DVDLocker subscriber your price will remain frozen! So yes you won’t be affected by this.
- 4K Plans – Yes you heard right our 4K plans will be launching very shortly. Are you ready for a different view?
- A List Movies – We will be adding a new add on which will allow you to have the newest movies to date! These titles will be anything from 2019 – 2020 so you will get the newest stuff that has hit the screens! Keep your eyes peeled for this add on launching soon..
- DVDLocker is changing – And finally in the background our IT geeks have been updating, coding and altering our DVDLocker website from the ground up, a little hint? We’ve gone for a different colour scheme; all shall be revealed before August! We can’t wait to hear your thoughts.
As you can see we have been busy working on additional features, add ons and services to bring your more value & excitement to your DVDLocker monthly subscription – we cannot wait for you to try these out for yourself!
So until next time Stay Safe
Well hello! Readers, we just wanted to provide a quick update, we are officially back!
We will start writing our content shortly and yes we have quite a lot to catch-up on…
From all the DVDLocker Insider team – we hope you are keeping safe and well during these crazy times!
Stay tuned for some great Movie Reviews coming up shortly..
Happy Monday readers!
Let’s start the week with a high! Let’s get moving and get our hearts pumping with our very own Lockdown Class!
Due to the ongoing pandemic of COVID19 we haven’t wrote much content as we’ve been focusing on helping and supporting our customers during this unpredictable times.
With more and more people working from hope and actually being at home more than ever! We wanted to share some little hints, tips and Tricks with you all to ensure you stay safe and healthy, therefore welcome to DVDLocker’s Lockdown Class! Now of course DVDLocker is a movie subscription and not quite linked to the world of fitness however by following some of our simple steps you can really start getting your steps back in, clearing your mind and feeling better in yourself – so if your ready all you need is:
- Towel 🧼
- Plenty of water 💧
- Exercise Mat 👣
- Your favourite music 🎵
Important disclaimer – Please only attempt our class if you have no serious underlining health conditions, if you are unsure please speak with your doctor or a medical professional before participating with any form of exercise. IF you feel dizzy, light headed or very short of breath during this routine please STOP immediately safety is paramount.
THE SETUP 💪
OK! So you’ve got everything above and raring to go, first place your Mat on a level surface and ensure you have enough space to move around freely. Get your water at the ready and in reaching distance. Your Towel should also be near by for when you need to wipe away that glaze on your face.. and of course one of the most important items! Press Play and get the music pumping…
THE WARM UP 👌
To start us off we are going to get our joints nice and loose, and get our heart rate beating a little.
1) Start marching on the Mat, swing your arms, and keep your knees up – slow pace, for 40 seconds
2) OK, now your marching! Let’s pick up the pace simply Start going FASTER and keep those knees up (this will be like a jog) – fast pace, for 30 seconds
3) STOP marching, and let’s start doing some Jumping Jacks Make sure to spread both your legs and arms on each and every jump – medium pace, for 40 seconds
Now your nicely warmed up, your heart rate should now be beating faster, and your working up a little sweat! Don’t forget to stay hydrated use your water to keep going..
LET’S GET JUMPING 🦵
4) Start hopping on the spot (like a kind of bunny) but push up from your feet – medium pace, for 40 seconds
5) Change from hopping on both feet to your RIGHT leg only – slow pace for 10 seconds
6) Now SWITCH! Start hopping on your LEFT leg instead – remain with a nice slow pace for another 10 seconds
7) Back to Jumping Jacks this time we are going to pick up the pace, so let’s do – fast pace for 30 seconds
LET’S TAKE A BREAK 💧
8) ——- BREAK ——– Your doing Fantastic! Have some of your water, and wipe away that glaze on your face – remember keep smiling 🙂 it WILL help you continue – you’ve now done 3.5 minutes in total we are going to have a 40 second break remaining standing try not to sit down at this point if you can…
LET’S LIE DOWN 👣
9) Back to work! Lay down on your Mat and lift both your knees up like your sat on a chair position your body should have an ‘L’ shape, put your hands behind your head.. great! Now let’s do 20 x sit-ups and remember breathe inhale from the nose and exhale through the mouth..
10) Lift both your Back and Legs off the Mat and hold the position, rotate from left to right with your arms and your torso as if your pulling a rope complete 2 pulls per side (2 pulls LEFT, 2 pulls right) complete this 20 times in total
LET’S SHAKE IT OFF! 👋
11) Stand up and SHAKE your Legs, Arms, Feet to loosen those joints – nice and slow for 10 seconds
LET’S COOL DOWN 👇
14) Sit down on the Mat, with both legs crossed and take some nice deep breaths in and out – nice and slow for a final 60 seconds
WELL DONE 🎉
You’ve completed our Class! We hope your feeling good remember moving daily can really help your joints and mind. We hope you’ve enjoyed. Now grab something to eat a Banana is excellent after exercise and sweet too!
Until next time, Stay Safe
Due to the recent pandemic of COVID19 we have had to temporary stop DVD Locker Insider as we are focusing all our efforts supporting all our customers and staff members during this difficult time.
Back soon – We will be back to normal shortly and will get new blogs published for you to read and enjoy!
From all the DVD Locker Team
We’re here to provide the entertainment so you can stay at home and stay safe.
If you need to contact us, you can do so through all the usual options such as a secure account message, email, live chat and phone (however we are busier than usual by phone) so if you can use another method if you can to contact us.
All our movies are dispatched via Royal Mail and there may be slightly longer times between your movies being dispatched and you receiving your movies.
If you had a signature on delivery, this option has been removed to ensure a contactless delivery.
We Deliver The Entertainment To You, Stay At Home, Stay Safe.
Thank you for your understanding and we will get through this together.
Hello fellow readers, we are back! Welcome back to DVD Locker Insider! We write about Movies as this is our passion, also if you wanted to try out our DVD Locker Subscription Service – you can receive Movies (personalised to what YOU like) each and every month, and the best part? You keep everything we send you. If you want to signup simply click Here to access our website.
So let’s get down to business today we are reviewing the Movie ‘Stories To Tell In The Dark’ directed by andré øvredal. This Movie is pretty new out of the charts (released 2019) and maybe one that has slipped under the radar of people as I don’t personally recall this being advertised prior to launch, this movie is horror / mystery / Thriller.
Small Snippet: The Movie starts back in halloween in 1968, when Stella who portrays a recluse young girl and her 2 close friends find a mysterious character Ramón who is from out of town and not known to anyone. Now with the 4 of them they discover a personal notebook that is full of sinister stories. This movie starts very quickly and straight away you have that sense of dread when they Stella and her 2 friends make a quick escape and end up sitting in Ramón’s car. As the tale further unfolds you witness the intense, scary and dark themes that run throughout. This Movie contains; Flashing images, Dark themes, vivid characters and a bold narrative. The Movie has a runtime of: 108 minutes.
The Storyline: The Movie is based back in 1968 in an American small town called Mill Valley, all the locals of the town know about the ‘Bellows’ family and this has been something that has loomed ever since. The story of the bellows involves a daughter called Sarah who was a young girl who held some very dark secrets. Sarah was tortured in the family mansion situated just on the outskirts of the town, Sarah turned the horrific events she had faced and wrote them in a book in the means of scary stories. When Stella and her group breaks into the mansion and discover the actual book that Sarah has written it gets a little close to home for the group as the stories within become a lot more real and a lot more deadly. Can Stella and her group get to the bottom of this? Can they get rid of the book? Or put it back where it belong..
Our Views: This Movie grips you from the very beginning, the narrative throughout is very strong and easy to understand. The Movie is fast paced, and gets quite dark and jumpy in parts too. The characters are played very well indeed, and the effects and imagery throughout is very vivid and lifelike. As watching this Movie I felt like I was taken back to my childhood days with the TV series ‘Are You Afraid Of The Dark’ of course this was a lot more of a grown ups version. You instantly connect with the characters and at parts are shouting at the TV screen to try and stop the characters doing the wrong thing. This Movie is very enjoyable, well written and has just that perfect balance of dark/gore and horror. Some parts are quite comical.
Final Thoughts: Personally I would say this Movie is worthy of a brilliant night in cuddled up with the curtains closed and lights off. This Movie will appeal to most audiences due to the strong narrative and easy to understand storyline along with the very lifelike characters. The effects used in this Movie are brilliant and does look very real indeed. I also like that the Movie is set in olden times which makes this that little bit different from the new age horror flicks. I just wished they carried on the storyline. With saying that the Movie ends on a cliff hanger and room to add a sequel. If you love a Movie that is clear, precise and grips you from the off – then this Movie is sure to a treat for you, mix that with the added dark scenes and horrific and somewhat disturbing images.
DVD Locker Insider..
Well hello readers, welcome to DVD Locker Insider! We write about Movie reviews so you can have an insight to some of the latest, greatest (and of course not so great) Movies.
We are reviewing the Movie ‘Crawl’ directed by Alexandre Aja, an american horror / disaster movie.
Small Snippet: This Movie follows the story of a daughter (Hayley) and father (Dave) and their 4 legged friend their dog, they are trapped and hunted by alligators during a category 5 hurricane, so as the house is flooding more and more both Hayley and Dave need to fight for their lives to get out! Can they escape without being eaten? This Movie does start off pretty much straight away and before you know it you are engrossed in with the action. This Movie contains, scenes of action, flashing images and minor gore and bloody scenes. The movie has a run-time of: 87 minutes.
The Storyline: Confident swimmer Hayley played by Kaya Scodelario drives directly into the heart of a category 5 destructive hurricane taking a detour from her hometown in Florida, to check on her distant Father, Dave played by Barry Pepper as shes frantically looking around the house for Dave, she finds clues that he is in the house somewhere or other. Once Hayley finds Dave thanks to the dog, both of them come face to face with.. Alligators swimming and walking around. The house is slowly sinking and filling up with water as the water levels are rising, its only a matter of time to get out without being eaten alive!?
Our Views: This Movie on the whole was fairly enjoyable, and quite fast paced right from the opening scene, there is a good narrative within too which is a plus. The effects was really good and very much looked real. However I found in certain scenes the Movie did seem a little slow, with that aside the Movie on the while was a good watch and did provide some nice evening entertainment, the Movie is not exactly scary but does provide a good action based fit. On the positive side you have a few scenes where you can really get through your popcorn without jumping and dropping it everywhere. Based on a very simple narrative this Movie is very easy to understand right from the offset. At times you will find yourself shouting at the TV to try and stop the characters onscreen making the wrong choices.
Final Thoughts: I would say this Movie is great for evening entertainment for most people, especially if you like natural disaster Movies and of course dangerous Alligators. The narrative is clear and simple to understand so you won’t feel ‘lost’ or ‘confused’ which is refreshing for some viewers. I really like the effects as it all does seem very real so the CGI used within was quite frankly amazing! If you are into your action Movies and love great effects and a real strong and easy to understand story-line then this Movie is for you!
DVD Locker Insider..
Thanks for reading DVD Locker Insider… We are going to kick this off with a Bold, Brilliant and truly Dark Movie ‘Joker’ directed by Todd Phillips.
Small Snippet: This movie has been derived from the standalone fictional character ‘The Joker’ and the first time the character has been brought to the big screens of you and me.. This Movie is deeply dark, brutal and of course very much storyled. Please take note that this movie does contain; Sexual Images, Bloody Violence, Bad Language and Disturbing Scenes. Total runtime for this Movie is: 122 minutes.
The Storyline: Arthur Fleck who might we add is played brilliantly by Joaquin Phoenix is someone who is genuinely struggling to find his way in society in Gotham. He aspires to become a night standup comic, but finds the jokes and laughs backfire to him, by day he can be hired out as a clown. Trying to do good, but nothing goes right for Arthur always getting knocked back, ridiculed and put down by others one day he makes a bad decision which starts a horribly gritty chain reaction as the horrific events unfold.. it’s payback!
Our Views: We thought this Movie was pure brilliance, watching someone put on ‘A happy face’ and see them turning into a complete horrific monster right in front of our very eyes, this Movie is very dark, and won’t please all audience types due to the dark, gritty nature of this but when you put together the storyline and actors you really do have a winning combination. Starting off the Movie makes the viewer feel pitiful towards Arthur and at times I actually felt sorry for ‘Joker’ however that soon changes when he goes down the wrong path and makes some bad decisions, almost instantly you get freaked out, scared and actually feel pretty terrified towards the very same character. Outstandingly played by Joaquin, Arthur / Joker really does bring allow the viewer to draw in on some very mixed emotions to say the least! This movie is very different to the standard newly released titles that have overused CGI and effects with less of a storyline, this movie does this particularly well and tells the story in depth (and of course in a very graphic way indeed) If you remember the Joker from the comic days, he is exceptionally played by Joaquin and you can see he has put his all into this performance as it really does show.
Get ready to jump on this emotional rollercoaster, you will laugh, feel pity and will be terrified with what is about to unfold.. Some scenes even I had to watch with one eye open, with part of me wanting not to look, but HAD to this Movie really does pull you in from the offset, this film officially brings the DC Comics character to LIFE.
If your thinking this is your typical everyday superhero Movie, then think again this is more along the lines of a bloody, dark and gritty Physcological Thriller / Horror and that just happens to evolve around a truly brilliant comic character of the ‘Joker’.
You will see the happy go lucky kind of guy, slowly turn to the dark side due to everyone else treating him bad, Arthur is lonely, confused and just wants to aspire and make something out of his life but with all the pushbacks, bullying and outright ridicules one day he just… snaps.
Some might describe this as ‘Disturbing’ and ‘Violent’ however we all knew from growing up the Joker was never a nice guy, so we had to surely think that some element when this film was released that this would live up to the ‘Joker’ name.
Final Thoughts: I would highly rate this film for those who dare watch this amazing movie, with the truly outstanding performance of Arthur Fleck, mix that with the very marvel like cinematography and dark musical notes and you’ll really appreciate just how good this movie really is. Just take in mind once the movie is finished and the credits are rolling on, you might noticing yourself (and anyone else watching for that matter) have a moment of silence, to allow everything you have just witnessed to sink back in. I would like to finish with saying watch this movie with a very open mind, and don’t think or dwell to much on what your about to watch, this is one of those movies that you can actually re-visit and still experience the same emotions and feelings each and every time!
DVD Locker Insider..
Well Hello to all you Movie Lovers out there!
As you might or might not know we are DVD Locker, a leading monthly Movie subscription service serving our customers worldwide..
Insider? – Yes insider is going to be us reviewing what we love best.. Movies! So check back to see what we are raving or ranting about.
News? – We used to be called DVD Locker News, however we found with us being on all the normal Social Media Platforms; Facebook, Twitter & Instagram we wanted to do something a little different. After all Change is good..
So Welcome to DVD Locker Insider.. Get ready for some great Movie Reviews to some of the newest, greatest and of course EPIC Movies of all time..
We’ll post our first review shortly…
Until then, happy reading
DVD Locker Insider..